Job TG775: Regional Category Sourcing Specialist
Highlights of Regional Category Sourcing Specialist Position
A program to transform our Client’s Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) capability is underway, combining early improvements in the way that we work and deliver value, with progressive change over the next 2-3 years to fully deliver all of the necessary upgrades in people, process, and technology. The intent is to establish PSCM as a collaborative business partner, and this will be achieved through improvements within PSCM and the business line organizations.
We therefore need talented and experienced Procurement professionals who are ready for the challenge of shaping the new PSCM organization as an industry leader.
The Regional Category Sourcing Specialist (CSS) is will support the Refinery Modernization Project (RMP) and will be responsible for:
- Providing procurement direction and oversight to RMP EPCM procurement teams
- Implementing sub-category sourcing in conjunction with the respective Category Management strategies
- Helping to develop and drive cross project activities that will include Performance Management, Reporting Pipeline and internal/external RMP program procurement communications
- Develop purchasing schedules for Project; and manage purchasing plans in light of these schedules
- Coordinate and liaise with the Procurement groups within the Refinery site and key EPCM contractors’ organizations supporting RMP.
- Coordinate and direct the input of the Client Procurement Commodity managers related to various service and equipment contracts that may be used to support the Project.
- Manage supplier management relationships to deliver “best value” procurement solutions and optimum cost for third party spending which cover the support from the various suppliers related to the authorized budget expenditure for the Project.
- Align with Engineering Authority team to ensure technical requirements are fully represented and adhered to in the RFPs and Purchase Orders for the projects
Our client is a Fortune 20 global energy leader. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, the client operates globally, with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents.
Key Responsibilities of Regional Category Sourcing Specialist Position
- Provides support for RMP Program to optimize the business requirements for third-party goods and services
- Required to lead and deliver sourcing projects with well defined requirements and scope.
- Works with relevant stakeholders and relevant category managers to implement sourcing projects as established to ensure delivery of annual business plans and category strategies
- Identifies, implements, and realizes value through effective “strategic cost management”, utilizing best-in-class methods (e.g., ‘should-cost’ analysis) and tools (e.g., ‘e-sourcing’).
- Mitigates external supply risk via sourcing and contracting strategies that take into account commodity criticality, alternate supply sources, logistics constraints.
- Contract Execution and Implementation
- Leads partnership with manufacturing sites and category managers to develop and implement clear and concise supply contracts that align with central contract templates and strategies, and that consider all legal and commercial dimensions. (e.g. remuneration, terms, supply risk, exit strategies, etc.)
- Owns local stakeholder relationships and ensures understanding and support of the mechanics and risks of new contracts are achieved prior to execution.
- Leads local ongoing contract management, including the creation of performance-reporting mechanisms, KPI development, etc.
- Supports local and regional ongoing contract management.
- Market Sector Management
- Actively explores the wider supply and industry markets to identify opportunities that our Client can leverage for greater benefit or to mitigate supply risk (e.g.,. technology developments, acquisition impacts)
- Leads multi-site procurement projects and supports key site projects where appropriate,
- Manages day-to-day key supplier relationships in support of the category
- Provides support to ensure that implemented agreements and supplier management are sustained throughout the course of the contractual term
- Engages Site Procurement Teams and other technical and commercial stakeholders to develop collaborative approaches to supply projects and to ensure cross discipline alignment on sourcing strategies
Qualifications and/or Requirements
- Multiple years of experience in Procurement and supply chain management.
- Operations, commercial or technical business experience in the Oil & Gas industry or a related industry.
- Minimum of B.S. in Supply Chain or a relevant engineering, scientific or business discipline
- Experience in collaborating with multiple sites, large organizations and multiple stakeholders to drive common solutions
- Significant experience in the development and implementation of Procurement and/or Contracting Strategies. This will include but is not limited to:
- Market analysis, cost modeling and contract type selection
- Prepare and manage RFI’s and RFP’s
- Demonstrated basic/skillful application of strategic sourcing
- Demonstrated skillful application of contract execution and management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skillful application of negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience with e-sourcing.