Job TG767: PSCM Specialist
Highlights of PSCM Specialist Position
PSCM Specialist will manage the Procurement needs to support logistics team with the sourcing requirements and Supplier Performance management. This position is charged with creating the strategy needed to standardize the approach to sourcing the inspection, and repair programs across the US for these programs. This position should have a good working experience of sourcing Construction and should be well versed in a standardized sourcing process and supplier performance management techniques.
PSCM Specialists determine with the business how to best place demand for goods and services into the external marketplace, understanding business objectives, applying and aligning procurement and supply chain management (PSCM) local and global market sector strategies, and effectively approaching external suppliers / contractors.
PSCM Specialists execute the full sourcing process which includes supplier selection, contract execution and commitment of third party spend, management of supplier performance, and support of operations. The PSCM Specialists will lead the development and execution of critical sourcing initiatives, adding value though their breadth of experience, expertise, and established networks. The role holder develops and executes sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
The position includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers and building support for the initiatives, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and measuring / reporting the value delivered. The role holder will also provide coaching and guidance on PSCM practice and procedures to other PSCM and non-PSCM staff.
The PSCM Specialist for Marketing has direct responsibility and accountability for supporting the procurement strategies for all associated MS&L 3rd party marketing spend, through a solid foundation of PSCM knowledge and a good understanding of the Marketing environment.
The PSCM specialist for USPL Program Support will participate in the ongoing development of a supplier network as it relates to project and engineering activities. This support will allow for the competitive delivery of material and services necessary for maintaining Pipeline and Logistics Operations.
The PSCM Specialist for Retail Program Support should have specific commodity knowledge in the support of and development of retail operations. The role will require a solid understanding of PSCM practices and direct interaction the development of a strategy and execution. This position may be focused on one of the above listed areas.
Key Responsibilities of PSCM Specialist Position
Participates in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives. Develop and execute sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies. The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Provides a strategic contribution to top line agenda by shaping the PSCM agenda
- Works with relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Proactively operates across segments and BP businesses to the wider benefit
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between PSCM and the internal customer directions
- Supports and delivers robust cost management and minimizes business risk via rigorous contract management control
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services
- Supports and drives the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Drives supports and promotes the use of PSCM tools
- Coaches less experienced PSCM staff
- Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Actively contributes to the transformation of procurement supply chain management
- Supports that an end to end (TCO) view is taken in all sourcing decisions
- Routinely project manages sourcing activities prioritizing and rebalancing against business objectives
- Supports as necessary, contractual terms and conditions for review by legal, leveraging latest thinking in contracting methods to minimize risk and maximize advantage
- Identifies value through effective ”strategic cost management” utilizing best in class methods (e.g. should cost) and tools (e.g. e-auctions)
- Proactively builds external relationships with cross industry peers including access to supply chain thought leaders to deliver continual thought leading challenge and subsequent benefit to BP
- Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution
Qualifications and/or Requirements
- Essential criteria & qualifications English – Fluent
- Bachelors Degree level or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- Experienced in Sourcing process with track record of using a standardized sourcing method and use of E- Procurement tools
- Experienced in creating and articulating sourcing strategies that supports BU specific business requirements, but at the same time challenges status quo while leveraging BP’s scale and spending power.
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience working in multi-functional teams.
- Strong influencing and team building skills, with an ability to build consensus and engagement with key stakeholders at all levels and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to grow quickly into the position, provide immediate contribution and work in ambiguous situations and time lines.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- All candidates will undergo a technical capability assessment, and are required to meet the requisite technical competency levels across the following categories:
- Market Sector Strategy development & application
- Demand Management
- Supply chain risk management
- Materials Management
- Project Management
- Negotiating and Influencing Strategy
- Financial Skills
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
- Masters Degree in associated discipline
- Professional Accreditation (APICS / ISM)
- Knowledge of relevant supply market
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) principles and Supply Chain Management elements
- Understanding of business strategies, performance plans, goals and objectives, and linkage to procurement strategies, goals and objectives
- Understanding of supplier relationships and products
- Understanding of procurement processes and P2P
- Awareness of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Familiarity with Delegations of Authority (DOA)
- Ability to engage with front line supervisors and operators.
- Ability to manage multiple / conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery.
- Proactively takes initiative.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability in handling change.
- Strong impact, high level interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven capability to make contributions to teams and initiatives.