Job TG738: Advisor of Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Management
Highlight of Advisor of Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Management Position
Advisors are recognized as an authority in their area of expertise within the region and often globally within the Segment. They must have a sustained track record as a leading contributor in the delivery of innovative solutions to complex business issues, have created value and delivered substantial bottom line impact. The primary focus area for this role is expertise in Supplier Quality Management (SQM) process development and deployment into procurement and technical business operations. The Targeted Supplier Quality Management process is sponsored by Manufacturing and Procurement Senior leadership and is considered part of best practice implementation into the businesses with a high priority over the next 3-5 years. The key elements of the SQM process are the development and deployment of Supplier Qualification, Quality Planning, Performance Delivery, and Optimization processes, activities, templates, tools and enabling systems. This includes working with stakeholders on ensuring the supply base is fit to meet BP standards of business.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, we operate with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Key Responsibilities of Advisor of Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Management Position
- Assurance that materials and services are being procured from reliable suppliers that improve and sustain our operational reliability
- Development of a diverse supply base in emerging supply markets
- Improved utilization of supplier capabilities to improve operational reliability at a lower cost
- Reduced costs (including time) related to duplicate supplier qualification and performance delivery with common suppliers
- Getting it right the first time and driving continuous improvement
Mastery Level Attributes for Supplier Management include:
- Advises suppliers and end users on implementation of the SPM process. Develops innovative ways to engage suppliers and end users in the SPM process.
- Able to assess the prioritization of suppliers in any market sector and offer advice on adapting the model for different environments.
- Leads development and implementation of innovative performance and measurement metrics, targets and incentive schemes. Establishes performance-reporting mechanisms to demonstrate progress to leadership for major sector strategies.
- Able to advise and support performance reviews of strategic suppliers in any market sector. Able to clearly articulate appropriate levels of performance for ‘material and services’ suppliers.
- Actively supports the performance review process for global/strategic suppliers. Able to advise and review SPM applications and make recommendations on most appropriate methods.
- Recommends performance improvement initiatives at the SPU level. Actively networks any performance improvement ideas at regional or global level.
- Applies external knowledge to improve effectiveness of elements of the SPM process.
- Leads efforts to develop and standardize SPM process and standards across regions and segments.
- Coaches key staff on SPM so that maximum value is derived by all parties.
A strong track record in transferring new knowledge in Supplier Qualification and /or Supplier Management capabilities into a decentralized organization that drives a new more effective and efficient way of working and results in incremental value to the business operations (5-10 years experience in one or both areas desired). Key industries of interest are process manufacturing, high technology, CPG, and Automotive.
- Consistently and repeatedly provides information and input to those responsible for setting BU or PSCM strategic direction.
- Provides strategic and technical advice and makes decisions based on clear understanding of risk
- Develops / gathers innovative / non-traditional ideas and applies strategically important solutions to various projects Innovates and adapts business processes and strategies from other companies/ businesses/industries
- Delivers innovative solutions to complex business issues as a leading contributor
- Pursues excellence within own area of expertise with a track record of well-documented internal solutions and external contributions
- Leads best practice and deployment of knowledge management processes and tools in PSCM.
- Actively coaches, mentors and develops other professionals
- Provides expert advice to support global PSCM initiatives and PSCM network
- Participates in peer reviews for major project activities
- Develops and delivers training programs
- Develops contacts for PSCM with external companies / educational establishments and industry bodies
- Leads creative thinking and helps translate PSCM ideas to the PSCM community
- Drives the need for measures to establish value contribution
- Drives the latest thinking and techniques in Supplier Relationship Management, Supplier Quality Management and other processes
- Proactively operates across segments
- College degree required, MBA preferable.
- Degree in Procurement Supply Chain or Logistics and/or Engineering is desired.
- 10-15 years relevant experience as a practitioner as well as a minimum of 3-5 yeast experience as an advisor/coach.
- Mastery experience in Supplier Qualifications and Supplier Management development / deployment is desired (minimum 5-10 years experience desired)
- Skilful level in all common process areas (Sourcing, eSourcing technologies—Ariba)
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in Strong leadership skills in influencing and engagement skills. Resilience in the face of resistance, Ability to integrate diverse / conflicting perspectives and ensure timely delivery.
- Experienced in coaching, training and running workshops
- Experienced in leading teams